- 100 extra, super-easy Snippets cards ideal for children ages 6 - 10!
- Help kids build spelling and vocabulary skills while having fun!
- Play with either the full or simplified rules.
- Full Snippets game is recommended, but not required to play.
- Free downloadable Snippets timer app included for iOS and Android.
A "snippet" is a sequence of letters that can be found as a whole within words. For example, RA can be found in CRAB, RACHEL, and FRANCE but not in CAR, CREATE, or MARCH.
Gather the kids around, flip over a Snippets card, and start the 2-minute timer! Before time runs out, have them write as many words as they can that contain the snippet. Anything goes! People names, place names, slang, contractions, non-english words, the snippet itself, and even plurals are all allowed!
Kids then compare with their friends and earn points for unique words and fun bonuses. They can also optionally play with simplified rules that are ideal for large groups such as classrooms. After comparing answers, the highest score wins the round and first to three rounds wins the game!
With its unique "anything goes" rule, Snippets is both fun and accessible for kids. Play at home or in the classroom and build spelling and vocabulary skills while having fun!
Made in Michigan.